Home Dating apps Conservative dating app ‘The Right Stuff’ is allegedly only for guys, users have been contacted by the FBI

Conservative dating app ‘The Right Stuff’ is allegedly only for guys, users have been contacted by the FBI

0

A former aide to the Trump presidency created a conservative-only dating app that generated online conversations and reportedly caught the attention of the FBI.

John McEntee is the co-founder and CEO of a brand new conservative-only dating app called “The Right Stuff.” Depending on the application Twitter“The Right Stuff was created for conservatives to connect in authentic and meaningful ways. Other dating apps have woken up. We bring together people with shared values ​​and similar passions.”

RELATED STORY: The Right Stuff, a dating app for conservatives, will launch this fall

In a promotional video for the platform featuring Ryann McEnany, the younger sister of former Trump White House secretary Kayleigh McEnany, the new dating app would be invite-only and women would be offered a subscription. premium to the platform completely free. However, McEnany shares that if the men want to access the bounty, “it’s up to you.”

The Right Stuff is among the other conservative dating apps that have hit the conservative market. A former dating app, Donald Daters also made headlines in 2018 when it was released with a mission to help Trump supporters navigate the dating pool.

RELATED STORY: Donald Daters, the new app for Trump supporters, aims to ‘make America date itself again’

However, this app is no longer available on app stores after leaking its users’ data on the day of its launch.

According to co-founder Daniel Huff in an interview with Glenn Beck, this app is meant to be different. Huff and McEntee realized this was a real opportunity and a need. Discussing issues with other dating apps, he said “You have antagonism, discrimination against conservatives not just from users, but from the platform itself.” The Right Stuff was created to deal with these situations. Huff said.

FOX 26’s Isiah Carey recently sat down with curators Angela Box and Tex Christopher to hear them talk about the app and the conversations that have started around it.

The app is funded by tech billionaire Peter Thiel, who funded $1.5 million for the platform. “No one has ever really tried to build a high-quality, well-funded app with a dedicated team,” Huff shares in the interview.

DATING STORIES: 1 in 5 Americans are dating less because of inflation

A feature of the app is called ‘Post Date’. It allows users to post something fun to do, and other users can see it. The person who posted it can then choose who they want to take. This feature is in place, so users can go out and go on fun dates without staying home and just texting.

“We want to create a premium product, and we’re able to do that by adding features that no one else has,” says Huff.

However, some parts of the app have caused conversations and alleged interactions with the FBI.

JANUARY 6: Houston-area man arrested in connection with US Capitol breach

The app asks users questions to help them create their profiles. Users said one of the questions on the platform was “January 6th was…” riots in the Capitol. Users have reported being contacted by the FBI following their responses to these questions.

Since its release on app stores, the platform has so far received negative reviews. Some are expressing how unhappy they are with the app’s invite-only feature.

Many users started mocking the app online. This only increased after people reported that there were no women on the app and the users were mostly male.

The app is available for download from the Apple App Store and Google Play for Android.