Online dating is fun to do at home, but that doesn’t mean you can’t do it on vacation. Cherishing your precious travels means exploring new places and meeting new people.
With dating apps like Tinder, Hinge, and Bumble, interacting with strangers online has become easier if you’re looking for the perfect partner for your life.
In short, you can enjoy talking to someone even when you are at the beach, hiking or any other destination. It’s important to take precautions when meeting someone online, but it depends on your intention.
If you want to improve your experience using these apps, you can easily change your location to search for potential matches. Here’s how to do this hack.
How to Change Location on Tinder
(Photo: Rene Ranisch of Unsplash)
Here’s how to change your dating app’s location even when you’re traveling.
The Tinder app will use your current location to spot potential people who are just hiding near your area. If you are traveling with your family or friends, you can simply update your location in the settings.
For those who want to take full advantage of this dating app, you can opt out of its premium subscription. In this case, you will benefit from the Passport feature which allows you to search for matches without having to go to the exact location.
For that, you can change your Tinder location by following these steps.
- Open your Tinder app from your smartphone.
- In the upper left corner of the screen, click on your profile.
- Tap Settings.
- Navigate down until you see Discovery Settings.
- Click Location.
- Select a new location and enter where you currently want to be destined.
How to Change Location on Bumble
Bumble also relies on GPS tracking to match your location. It is much better if you have a paid subscription to this app because you can use the Travel Mode feature. This advantage will allow you to find your ideal soul mate in other countries.
- Open your Bumble.
- Look at the bottom left of the screen and click on the profile icon.
- Tap the Settings gear icon. You can find it in the upper right corner.
- Find the location and click “Drive to..”
- Start searching for your favorite location and select it later.
Related Article: Don’t Use the Hinge Online Dating App – They’ll Give You $100 and a Weekend Date, Seriously?
How to change the location on the hinge
Finding love is all about peace and freedom and that’s what Hinge is all about. This dating app will not allow you to pay a fee just to unlock an exclusive feature.
It is a good alternative to Tinder and Bumble as it does not track your location with its privacy-friendly update.
- Open Hinge on your device.
- In the lower right corner, click your profile icon.
- Click Dating Preferences.
- From there, tap on “My Neighborhood”.
- Press the cursor to the destination of your choice.
If you want to try new dating apps besides Tinder, Bumble, and Hinge, Tom’s Guide has listed other options you can download, including Match.com, Grindr, and more.
Also read: How to successfully get a date on Tinder: Find out how Tinder actually works and tick your list
This article belongs to Tech Times
Written by Joseph Henry
ⓒ 2022 TECHTIMES.com All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.