NEW YORK, February 18, 2021 / PRNewswire / – The past year has turned the dating world upside down, and Dating.com, which is part of the Dating Group and the company behind many online dating sites, continued to closely monitor the platform’s increased activity to identify the latest trends in the industry. Today, the online dating giant is ready to share its findings and provide expert advice for singles adjusting to the new ins and outs of today’s dating scene.
Dating.com revisited a survey conducted around the same time last year, as the pandemic and stay-at-home orders began to take hold, to determine how dating has changed over the past 12 months. The main findings coming directly from the affected singles themselves include:
- Almost 90% of singles have regularly turned to online dating since March 2020 as a more health-conscious way to meet new people, a notable increase from last year’s figure of 82%.
- 83% of those surveyed prefer to seek out a potential partner who thinks the same way in terms of pandemic safety protocols.
- Over 70% of daters said they wanted to set up virtual dates to experience a match online; a noticeable increase from last year’s figure of 50%.
- Dating.com has registered more than 925,000 new registered members in the last 12 months.
- More than half (54%) of those surveyed said they now prefer online dating over looking for a date in person.
- Among those polled, nearly 6% of singles said that at some point in the past 12 months, they had stopped dating altogether.
“The past year has changed the way almost each of us views the world and naturally our love lives have felt massive impacts,” said Maria Sullivan, Dating Expert and Vice President of Dating.com. “The lovers had time to reflect and reflect on how comfortable they were moving forward, and made it clear that they are not willing to compromise their safety or that of those close to them for the sake of it. chasing a potential game. It’s a decisive deal for the majority and, in my opinion, one that is here to stay for years to come. “
And although singles are still stuck at home, there are still plenty of opportunities for love to grow. Dating.com Experts have compiled the following tips for those navigating the new world of home dating:
- Patience, patience, patience: Consider this as your new mantra. Dating has become quality over quantity for many, and now is a great time to make a conscious effort to get to know your partner first before you meet. It can also increase your chances of finding a long-term match.
- Update your profile: if you are not yet comfortable meeting each other, let your single friends know! Add a line in your bio or about me section that indicates your comfort level. This way, a compatible person who takes a similar approach can contact you.
- Try a video chat date: dress up, light candles, order your favorite food, and soon you’ll barely notice a difference between virtual dates and IRL. Even if you’ve never done it before, now is a great time to try something new and add some excitement when the options are limited.
About the meeting group: Dating Group is a global social discovery platform, empowering people around the world to connect through the power of shared interests and mutual benefit. Dating Group has offices in seven countries and a team of over 500 professionals with over 73 million registered users across the portfolio. Our brands include Dating.com, DateMyAge, LovingA, Tubit, AnastasiaDate, ChinaLove and many more, each with a unique platform tailored to different communities defined by interests, geography and demographics.
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/datingcom-defines-online-datings-latest-trends-results-of-a-transformative-12-months-301231002.html
THE SOURCE Dating.com