JACS JAM, the Festival of the Parish of Saints Joachim and Anne returns in person this year on August 14th and 15th.
All activities and events take place at the Marystown Catholic Church, 15850 Marystown Road. It all begins on Saturday at 4 p.m. with an outdoor mass with polka music (provide sun loungers). After mass, all the festivities are on, including live music, food, raffles, games for adults and children, and more, according to a press release from the organizers. Rock the night with “Verge,” featuring classic and current hits.
Sunday begins with mass at 9 o’clock; 0.5K Donut Dawdle and 5K Joachim Jaunt participants can receive a pre-run / walk blessing, which begins after Mass. At 10:30 am, JACS JAM will be in full swing, with food, beer and wine stalls, adults and kids ‘games including our famous Chicken Plop, kids’ bingo and prize tree, silent auction, auction from quilts, car raffle, cash raffle, joy wagon raffle, country store, bake sale, silent auction, and more. Entertainment throughout the day includes Bob the Beachcomber (fun for the whole family) and the Czech Area Concertina Club.
COVID has stolen the smorgasbord this year, but there will be an expanded food zone, including a return of pulled pork sandwiches.
The schedule includes the following:
- 4:00 p.m .: Open-air mass with polka music – under the marquee, weather permitting. Bring lawn chairs.
- 5 p.m. to 11 p.m .: Opening of all the festivities. Live music, food, raffles, games for adults and children, and more.
- 5 p.m. to 6:45 p.m.: “Adam Sandhurst and the Jolly Jammers” Polka band
- 7:30 p.m. to 11 p.m .: (3 sets): Rock out with “Verge”.
- 9:00 am: Mass (in the church) Blessing for 5K & 0.5k participants at mass.
- 10:05 am: 0.5K Donut Dawdle walks a short distance and receives a donut.
- 10:30 am: 5K Joachim Jaunt – Mark Grommesch Memorial Run / Walk / Junt in the countryside.
- 10:30 am: Beginning of the festivities. All Food, Beer & Wine Stalls, Adult & Kids Games including our famous Chicken Plop, Bingo & Kid’s Prize Tree, Car Raffle, Cash Raffle, Joy Wagon Raffle, Campaign Shop, Sale of pastries, silent auction, and more.
- 10:30 am to 12:30 pm: Family entertainment “Bob le Beachcomber”.
- 12:30 p.m .: Bean Bag tournament (registration opens at 11 a.m.).
- 12:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m .: Concertina Club of the Czech Zone.
- 3:00 p.m .: End of the silent auction.
- 3:30 p.m .: Live auction of quilts.
- 4.30 p.m .: Car, cash and prize draws.